Well, this year has been a rather busy year so far, which has kept me away from my sketch books somewhat. However, I am currently working on a project where I am collaborating with a writer who is working on a book which looks into the history and prospective future of mental health care both in the UK and further afield. I can’t disclose too much more at this moment but it is shaping up to be an interesting project. I will be providing supporting illustrations and imagery for the text, so I am very excited to be included in a project which is so close to my heart. These scribbles are very much still in developmental stages so I cannot show them at this time, but there are some images that I can. Here are some of the images which I have worked on recently. Some of these images have been sold already but a few are still available, should anyone be interested please feel free to drop me an email at email@example.com
I really haven’t been on top of my blogging of late, much has happened over the last couple of months which has kept me rather busy. Top news items;
– I have sold some more of my illustrations via the InVitro gallery, but sadly this month is the last exhibition as InVitro is closing. So get yourself down there and show your support. There are many fantastic designers, illustrators and artists featured this month with some outstanding work, definitely worth a look!
– I moved house just before Christmas, so that was rather stressful and time consuming, but I still managed to create several pieces of work for the gallery so I can’t really complain.
– I got my fantastic new imac so am now surgically attached to it. Although I still use my ‘old skool’ power book for some things, I’m sure if I keep it long enough she’ll be a classic. The seven year old G4 is still going strong, she just won’t die!!
– December saw two very close family members in hospital but thankfully both made it out in time for Christmas. Hooray for Denise who overcame a heart attack and for my brother Lucas, who went from being in intensive care with many beeping machines to now being fighting fit and back to his annoying self.
– Had a little op at the hospital myself last week but I’m in the clear now and looking forward to the rest of 2012. Should be an interesting year!!
So that’s kind of it really, I’d better get back to the sketch pad and start getting images of all my November and December creations up on here so that you have something interesting to look at. Watch this space, new images coming very soon!