I’ve had quite an on-edge mixed state kind of week, but this has led to more creativity which is always a good thing. I have started some roughly sketched ideas for a book about mental health that I will be submitting work for. Keep in mind that these are at present the roughs from which I will develop a final piece.
I have also been working on an image to be used as a title for a wall in our house which is to be dedicated to everyone’s certificates and proudest moments. This is what it looks like at the moment, I will be adding in a greyscale background so that the bright coulours of the main image really pop out.
I really haven’t been on top of my blogging of late, much has happened over the last couple of months which has kept me rather busy. Top news items;
– I have sold some more of my illustrations via the InVitro gallery, but sadly this month is the last exhibition as InVitro is closing. So get yourself down there and show your support. There are many fantastic designers, illustrators and artists featured this month with some outstanding work, definitely worth a look!
– I moved house just before Christmas, so that was rather stressful and time consuming, but I still managed to create several pieces of work for the gallery so I can’t really complain.
– I got my fantastic new imac so am now surgically attached to it. Although I still use my ‘old skool’ power book for some things, I’m sure if I keep it long enough she’ll be a classic. The seven year old G4 is still going strong, she just won’t die!!
– December saw two very close family members in hospital but thankfully both made it out in time for Christmas. Hooray for Denise who overcame a heart attack and for my brother Lucas, who went from being in intensive care with many beeping machines to now being fighting fit and back to his annoying self.
– Had a little op at the hospital myself last week but I’m in the clear now and looking forward to the rest of 2012. Should be an interesting year!!
So that’s kind of it really, I’d better get back to the sketch pad and start getting images of all my November and December creations up on here so that you have something interesting to look at. Watch this space, new images coming very soon!
Well, I haven’t been keeping on top of this blog of late, so shame on me.
Much has been happening, I have had my graduation and worked a short 2 month stint in a design studio and am now trying to establish myself as self employed. suspect this means I will be very poor for a considerable time but if I don’t give it a bash now I will only regret it.
So far I have done some work for The Renew Involvement Center, a mental health drop in center in Lincoln, and I am already working on some exciting new projects for them. I have done some in-shop graphics for SK Motorcycles who are also based in Lincoln and I have also pre-booked a 6 month stint in InVitro Gallery to display different artwork and illustrations each month starting October.
Below are some images of work I have done lately and there is a link in the tool bar at the top of this page to InVitro Gallery. InVitro features edgy work from up and coming local artists and designers and is definitely worth a visit, especially as each month the displays are completely new so there is always something new to see.
Well the final show has been and gone. Show E11even boasted a huge turnout on the private view night [Friday 3rd June] and I was pleasantly surprised that 13 of my friends and family made it to the event! I was over the moon so a special thank you to them for their support.
Since I handed in the last of my work at uni I have been working on the Creative Beehive identity and website, which will be unveiled at some point in the near future. I have also been making cards, each one completely unique with a one off hand drawn illustration. I have also been amassing a range of illustrations for July when I will be exhibiting at the InVitro gallery in The Mall, Lincoln. I also intend to have some cards and other smaller products on sale at the exhibition so it will be well worth a peek.
But for now I will leave you with some images of my most recent doodles and of my display board at show E11even. Show E11even is open to the public 10am-3pm Monday-Friday from now until 17th of June. It is situated on the second floor of Thomas Parker House, Silver Street, Lincoln LN2 1HJ. Go along and enjoy!